In response to Hon’ble Prime Minister’s clarion call for a clean India under the ‘Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan’, UPL Limited has decided to take cause of cleanliness and sanitation in school.The Project goal is to facilitate healthy and hygienic behavior in students by construction of good quality and environment friendly toilets in school
The project objectives are
- To provide access to toilet facility and empower students to use the services hygienically and sustainably
- Increased access to and hygienic use of sanitation facility.
- Educate community by making school toilet block as hub for good sanitation practice in community
The project deliverables are
- Construction of best quality hygienic toilet in school (Separate for Girls and boys).
- All toilet connected with bio gas pit and Gas to be used in School Science lab / Aaganwadi and waste water from bio gas pit to be used for school greening.
- To integrate software activity like puppet show, Paint for a cause etc. to ensure ownership with students and teachers
- Hygienic behaviour goes back to house, society and village.
The Toilet block at Namdha Sports Complex was inaugurated by Shri Bhadresh Shah, Mr. Akhliesh Sharma, Mrs. Lata Rao and Mr. Rakesh Kumar of UPL Limited, Vapi on 26th December 2015.