UPL Limited Celebrated United Nations Public Service Day on 23rd June 2016
The Employee Volunteers of UPL Limited Celebrated United Nations Public Service Day on 23rd June 2016 by participating in SWACHH BHARAT which was organised on 23rd June 2016 (Thursday). Said event was to significantly increase the range, intensity and visibility of “Swachh Bharat” with the theme of “Corporate volunteering by private organizations and corporate entities” on account of UN Public Service Day on 23rd June.
The UN General Assembly, in its resolution 57/277, designated 23rd June as Public Service Day. The UN Public Service Day intends to celebrate the value and virtue of public service to the community; highlight the contribution of public service in the development process; recognize the work of public servants, and encourage young people to pursue careers in the public sector.
The Employee Volunteers from UPL Limited celebrated United Nations Public Service Day on 23rd June 2016 by organising thematic activity on cleanliness/environment conservation under SWACHH BHARAT ABHIYAAN
We Are United (WAU) is an Employee Volunteering Programme of UPL Limited and is started with an objective of doing “Employee Volunteering” in structured manner. It’s a platform for employees and their family members to utilize their time, skill and energy to improve the quality of life of the needy.
The cleanliness drive was organised by employee volunteers of UPL Limited at
1) Unit 0 (Vapi) in Paria village
2) Unit 1 (Ankleshwar) in Nava Kashiya & Motali village
3) Unit 2 (Ankleshwar) in Navgama village
4) Unit 3 (Ankleshwar) in Kharchi village
5) Unit 4 (Halol) in Tajpura village
6) Unit 5 (Jhagadia) in Sardarpura village
7) Unit 8 (Samba) in Industrial area
8) SRSAT Team at UPL Niyojaniy Kendra at Savli and Ankleshwar
The activities undertaken by employee volunteers of UPL Limited included
1) Cleanliness rally.
2) Sanitation transect
3) Cleaning school campus.
4) Awareness / speech on hygiene and cleanliness for students.
5) Sensitization session with teachers.
6) Awareness on hazard from plastic.
7) Distributing cleaning equipment
A total of 78 Volunteer participated in said event contributing 255 hrs. Event also saw participation from 590 students / Community members.
S.No UNIT LOCATION VOLUNTEER Student / Community
1 0 Vapi 13 65 145
2 1 Ankleshwar 11 30 315
3 2 Ankleshwar 7 28 55
4 3 Ankleshwar 4 12 25
5 4 Halol 30 60
6 5 Jhagadia 7 14 20
7 8 Samba 8 16
8 SRSAT Savli & Ankleshwar 6 30 30
TOTAL 78 255 590