Farming is best learned by hands-on practical experience and at UPL Limited we do that at Farmers’ Training School (FTS) at Vikram Farm, Naholi (Vapi). FTS ensures that farmers learn new methodology through practical demonstrated of crops. This year a series of farmers training programme was organized to educate farmers on modern scientific methods of farming through practical demonstration of crops and farming equipment. We arranged farmer’s exposure visit and training programme from Pardi taluka of Valsad district and Dang district. Farmers learn best from field observations and experimentations as it helps them to improve their understanding of functional relationships. With our training module which focuses on practical field learning process, farmers develop the expertise that enables them to make their own crop management decisions.
We are focusing on backward areas of PARDI Taluka which is having more than 50% tribal population and Dang district which is having more than 80% tribal population. This is first time that farmers from said area got exposed to UPL.
– Brief introduction of Vikram Farm and introduction session.
– Technical session (Crop specific)
– Exposure visit and practical demonstration of Sugarcane, Paddy and vegetable farming.
– Demonstration and discussion on Biogas plant, Organic manure and Micro irrigation.
– Updated information and suggestion on seeds, fertilizer, pesticides etc as per crop requirement.
– Discussion on Agriculture budget calculation and how to manage agriculture in most efficient manner with discussion around mismanagement and unorganized farming.
– Discuss and demonstrate of new agriculture methods and farm implements.
– Sharing of contact details with farmers.
In the year of 2013-2014, 14 training programme was organized and a total 403 farmers have received training at FTS, Vikram farm