UPL’s overarching CSR commitment is to improve areas of its presence and said commitment is based on the recognition that humankind is one community, where each member is responsible for the wellbeing of the other.”
We know that education is the backbone of every society but what matters the most is quality education – which still remains a distant dream for many in Rural India. Shree Sharda Vidhya Mandir, Kadodara, Block Vagra, Dahej was started by villagers in year 1971 to provide education facilities to the students of 8th, 9th& 10th. It caters to students from surrounding villages. In last 45 years the school building became very old and last year it reached a stage where school principal did not allow admission to few students due to lack of infrastructure. The infrastructure were weak and largely damaged, there were cracks in the wall along with broken doors. The roof ceiling was so damaged that it resulted water seepage in rainy season and became a big safety risk. As per the request of the villagers, Sarpanch, & Principal, UPL Ltd committed to provide infrastructure for this school and improve the educational condition in village.
We are happy to inform that as per commitment, UPL Limited has completed construction of school building for Shree Sharda Vidhya Mandir, Kadodara, Block Vagra, Dahej and the inauguration and lokarpan programme was held on 21st June 2018 (Thursday) at 12.15pm. The guest list included
1) Mrs. Sandra Shroff, VC, UPL Ltd.
2) Mr. Vikram Shroff, Director, UPL Ltd.
3) Mr. Arun Singh Rana, MLA, VAGRA (BHARUCH).
4) Mr. Dushyantbhai R Patel MLA, BHARUCH.
5) Mr. Kanubhai Desai, MLA, PARDI (VALSAD).
6) Mr. Raj Tiwari, Director Manufacturing, UPL Limited
7) Mr. Sulemanbhai Musabhai Patel. Local Leader.
8) Mr. Ishwarbhai Gohil President, Taluka Punchayat Vagra.
9) Mr. Praveenbhai – Sarpanch, Kadodara.
10)Mr. Sureshbhai – School President.
#UPLGlobal #UPLPragati #UPLGramPragati #UPLWAUVolunteers